
Today one of my housemates has locked her room from the inside. So she can't get in since she left the key inside the room as well..so as housemates, we tried to help her unlock her own room. I've unlocked my own room before, so I tried using the sliding card method. It was hard since her door is very different from mine. The lock hole isn't done properly, so I ended up reaching the other side of the wall and peeled off the door frame. It takes time to get the card in but still to no success.
Then one of us tried google-ing around and found a rather brilliant method. So I thought I should share with you this interesting bit of information so that in future, if u locked your room up. Then at least you know what to do =)
Things you need:
- Dental floss
- A piece of paper
- Twisted wire
- A thin,long rope or a long cable
(Ethernet wire works perfectly well)
This is how you do it:
1. Attach the paper to the floss.
2. Attach the twisted wire to the paper.
3. Slide the paper in at the upper slit of the door till it reach the floor.
4. Grab the twisted wire and get the floss to come out from the lower slit of the door.
5. Take the floss and tie the cable/rope.
6. Pull the floss back up so the cable will be hung on the door knob.
7. Jerk the left cable so the door knob will automatically twist to open from the inside.
and...Tadaaa~ the door is open!
But of course there are much simple way that this, like using a hair pin for example. Either way works perfectly fine. I particularly like this method because we can actually open the door from the inside without having the key.
I finally got the door knob to jerk off and the door helplessly gave in. Everybody was overjoyed because a lot of effort and time were spent to unlock it. It was definitely worth the wait. My housemate quickly grabs her room key and hung it outside her room so that the same mistakes don't reoccur again.
It was a fun day!






wow..like a real spy teehehe..
ReplyDeletegood work =)
you bet i am...there's nothing interesting that i don't dare to try =P
ReplyDelete